Friday, July 26, 2013

A destructive mind.

I used to hate bugs... My brother used to torture them.

He tortured more than just bugs though... As he grew up he turned to bigger and bigger things. Eventually he was arrested when his victims started to get too big, too recognizable, too human.

I don't know why they contacted him... Maybe they thought they could control him. Maybe his destructive tendencies could be useful. They were partly right. They gave him a big mech and told him his job was to kill bugs. I imagine that must have made him very happy. He pilots something called a SLUG... His specifically is named Kill It With Fire. A fitting name. It's a destructive machine for a destructive man. It was created to fight something they call Kheper. An army of bugs. Intelligent, deadly and infinite. My brother fights an unending war against what is historically the most resilient and numerous army on earth. He loves every moment of it. He started out killing bugs and worked his way up to killing what is essentially a god in the form of a swarm of bugs.

It is with some pride that I can say I don't think there's a better man for the job than my brother.

There's really only one problem. These SLUGs are piloted through some technology I don't really understand. It allows my brother to control Kill It With Fire from the safety of a place called Central Command. When the call goes out my brother is brought to something called The Gears. It's from here he controls his SLUG. Pilots aren't allowed to remain in The Gears for more than an hour due to safety reasons. My brother doesn't quite understand this. The first time he piloted his SLUG they had to gas him to take him out. The second time he'd found someway to neutralize the gas and they had to go in and force him out with some difficulty. Eventually they realized how dangerous it was to keep it going like this and so they contacted me.

I was brought in to control my brother. He listens to me. When he's called to The Gears I accompany him. They created a special seat for me that allows me to see what he sees when he's fighting. This allows me to make sure he doesn't cause too much collateral damage and allows me to be there to guide him out when time is up. It's a system that works pretty well and I can't say it's not nice to get to see my brother again.

When he's not on duty he's confined to his room and I usually stay with him and we talk or play games or something.

I keep him calm and focused and he kills bugs and keeps the world safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment