Thursday, August 1, 2013

Munroe Incident Investigation File #01

INTERNAL AFFAIRS INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT FORM

DATE OF INTERVIEW: July 6th, 2023

NAME OF AGENT: Gillock, Allan

NAME OF SUBJECT: Cordwood, Phillip
SUBJECT RANK: Lieutenant Colonel
SUBJECT DEPARTMENT: EMF Incubus Response Unit Utterson

SUBJECT OF INTERVIEW: Investigation into events occurring on May 5th, 2023, in Munroe, South Carolina. 

TRANSCRIPT:

AG: Colonel.

PC: Agent. 

AG: Has the General told you why I'm here?

PC: He doesn't have to. I've known IA would get wrapped up in this since it happened. Somebody's got to take the blame for it.

AG: I'm just here to gather facts. 

PC: Right. The blame game comes later.

AG: Colonel, please. Just let me ask some questions.

PC: Ask away. I've got nothing to hide.

AG: If you say so. The first question: what was your relationship with Sergeant Lanyon?

PC: The same as it was with any other soldier under my command.

AG: There was nothing out of the norm about your relationship whatsoever? Despite the fact that he was the pilot for SLUG Unit Utterson?

PC: Not unless you count some extra attention. Lanyon was a soldier like all the rest. I had to make sure that he was in perfect condition at all times, which meant that I was almost constantly referring him to medical for minor issues. But he didn't get any sort of special treatment, any more than anyone else in the unit did.

AG: Then how would you describe his attitude towards his role within the unit?

PC: He was a soldier. That's about all there is to say.

AG: I'm going to need more information than that, Colonel.

PC: [Sound of a sigh.] He would talk about how much he hated the work, and how much he wanted to go home, how horrible the conditions were, and how he despised his co-workers. But when things came down to the wire, he loved the life, and he wouldn't have traded it for anything. 

AG: And how do you know that?

PC: Because that's the way it is for all of us, Agent. When you come down to it, we're all here because we can't imagine not being here. Because we know that we're here defending people who can't do it for themselves. It's a calling.

AG: Right. That's enough, I think.

[A grunt, followed by the sound of papers shuffling.]

AG: Were you involved in the screening process which selected Sergeant Lanyon as the pilot for the Utterson unit?

PC: Of course I was.

AG: Why did you select him over the other candidates?

PC: He had the experience. He was a policeman and a SWAT officer. 

AG: And why did this make him an ideal pilot for a SLUG unit?


PC: It wouldn't have, if it were any other SLUG. But we're talking about Utterson here, Agent. You have to know the specifications.

AG: Assume that I don't.

PC: [Another sigh.] Utterson's a caliber one, Agent. Human size. Human shape, in fact. It's not a bipedal tank like the rest. It's designed for... finesse, I guess you could call it. Specifically, city use. Urban pacification. Lanyon was a SWAT officer. He knew the job.

[Sound of papers shuffling.]

AG: I have here the hardware specifications for the Utterson unit, Colonel. The full specifications. 

PC: Mm.

AG: They took quite some digging to find.

PC: I'd imagine.

AG: Were you aware of the full specifications of the Utterson unit prior to these events?

PC: No. 

AG: I find that highly unlikely, seeing as you are the officer in charge of the Utterson response unit.

PC: I'm not an engineer, Gillock. I didn't go down there and demand that they made it to order. It's gear tech. It might as well be magic to me. They made it, I used it, I didn't ask how it worked because I didn't care and wouldn't understand it if I did.

AG: You never suspected?

PC: No.

[Ten seconds of silence.]

AG: Did Sergeant Lanyon exhibit any unusual behavior prior to the events? Signs of stress or mental trauma, related to use of the Utterson unit or otherwise?

PC: Nothing. Nothing outside of the parameters set by medical, at least, or I'd have heard about it. You'd have to talk to them for more information. 

AG: You didn't monitor-

PC: Agent, I run a unit of over three hundred people, encompassing everything from foot soldiers to forensics to engineers to quartermasters. I do not have the time to monitor everything that happens in this unit, even if it does involve our SLUG pilot. Medical was instructed to inform me if Lanyon was starting to crack, but otherwise to handle it themselves. Talk to the chief medical officer.  

AG: I'll do that.

PC: Right. Now, did you have any other questions, or can I get back to work?

AG: There are more questions, Colonel, but I'll need to speak to the rest of the staff involved first. Be ready to meet with me again.

[Recording ends.]

1 comment:

  1. Okay. Let me just get this out of my head first. WTF? Now either you guys made a typo or this is an interview from the future but...it's year fucking 2020. So either "The Tower" cracked between this year until 2022 or all of this is just a load of bull.

    - Lianna

    ReplyDelete